OT 640 Debriefing Video
To prepare for this mock interview, I read through a few common OT-related interview questions and thought through my answers. I was originally planning to type out my answers, but I decided instead to only list bullet points to reflect on so that I did not come across as too scripted/rehearsed. I recently interviewed for a level II fieldwork rotation at St. Jude, and I went more in depth to prepare for that than I did for this interview in particular. Because of this, I felt like I had a good foundation going into this interview. Overall, I felt like the interview went well. I was able to answer all the questions without too much hesitation, and I felt like I answered them sufficiently, although I could have gone more in depth in some answers. Something that went differently than I expected was that I talked faster than I normally do. I learned that it is okay to take a pause and think through my answer before speaking in order to provide a more in-depth and full ans...
Allison,
ReplyDeleteI relate so much to your bud and thorn! It seems that my documentation skills continually improve, but I think that with each setting we enter, we learn more and more about documentation in that particular setting. Also, I thought I was well prepared for MMT grading, but I didn't realize how different it is to try it on clients who are not 5/5 for strength. Since everyone in our class was, we never really got much experience with how the other grades actually feel. I hope you enjoy your summer!
Hey Allison,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed hearing about your experience in outpatient rehab, since I have not been in that setting. I’m glad you had a FWE that was a good balance for you as well. A lot of the clients that were discharged from my inpatient setting were going to outpatient rehab next and we were working on many similar things while they were in inpatient. I agree that I still need some practice with documentation and MMT grades. I realized that it was difficult to know what grade to give a client when my FWE would ask me what I thought during an evaluation. Although I remember the different grades, actually applying them to what you see and feel on a client is new and something I can improve on before my next rotation - which is in acute care as well. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great summer break!