After comparing my glyph drawing from last to year to the
one I drew this year, I was surprised by how similar they were. The fact that I
did not change many features of my glyph means that my thoughts on certain
aspects of leadership have not changed since last year. In my drawings, the
face shape remained a square, which indicates that I have a strong belief that
leadership stems from nature over nurture. Although I do believe that some
people are born with a stronger ability/personality to lead, I think that it
has a great deal to do with influences that impact you throughout your life. The
eyes in my original drawing were small, but this year I drew them large. This
indicates that my thoughts shifted from believing that there is a mix of
leaders and non-leaders in the field of OT to believing that the vast majority
of OTs are leaders. I think that this thought shifted during the last year as I
gained experience in OT school and fieldwork experiences. As OTs, we have to step
into a leadership role in order to advocate for our clients with other
healthcare professionals. Other beliefs that remained the same are that self-
awareness is a vital to effective leadership and that technology is an
important part of effective leadership. I enjoyed comparing these two drawings,
as this activity was very interesting and encouraged self-reflection.
To prepare for this mock interview, I read through a few common OT-related interview questions and thought through my answers. I was originally planning to type out my answers, but I decided instead to only list bullet points to reflect on so that I did not come across as too scripted/rehearsed. I recently interviewed for a level II fieldwork rotation at St. Jude, and I went more in depth to prepare for that than I did for this interview in particular. Because of this, I felt like I had a good foundation going into this interview. Overall, I felt like the interview went well. I was able to answer all the questions without too much hesitation, and I felt like I answered them sufficiently, although I could have gone more in depth in some answers. Something that went differently than I expected was that I talked faster than I normally do. I learned that it is okay to take a pause and think through my answer before speaking in order to provide a more in-depth and full ans...
Comments
Post a Comment